Remember those bell peppers we grow in pots at the rooftop garden? I harvested it a few days ago. So for Sunday dinner I made this recipe 🙂
prep time: 10 minutes
cooking time: 20 minutes
good for 4 people
- 1/2 kilo pork (menudo cut)
- about 8-10 pcs medium-sized bell peppers (seeded and cut into thin slices)
- 2 small heads of garlic (crushed with skin on)
- about 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- about 3 tbsp brown sugar
- about 1 tbsp dried thyme
- about 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil in the pan over high heat for a few minutes.
- Wash the pork and drain the water. Sauté in the pan while you cut and seed the bell peppers and crush the garlic.
- Put the bell pepper, garlic in the pan with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring the heat down to medium after a few minutes (you can do 10 squats in the meantime).
- Put the brown sugar, mix, and cover. Leave for 15 minutes.
- Before serving, mix the balsamic vinegar.
What is your favorite pork recipe?