Hint: “you are adopted” is not one of them
1. When your kid did something a bit naughty and she is already sorry:
- This must be delivered in a very serious tone: “I forgive you, but it would make me feel better if you kiss me on the cheek…my butt cheek.”
2. When you want to your kid to take a break from using her phone, but you don’t want to ruin her good mood (eventually):
- Call her name repeatedly until her “what” turns into an annoyed “what?!” and she looks up from her phone. Then say “hai!” with a wave and a smile as you gently pry the phone from her hands.
3. When your kid is in a bad mood because you just woke her up:
- No joke will do! Haven’t you heard of the saying, “biruin mo na ang lasing, wag lang ang bagong gising”.
- Your best bet is to chirp “good morning sunshine!” with a kiss on the forehead, and watch that frown turn upside down.
What’s your favorite joke for your kid?