E just came home from overnight camp with her dad and was famished. Good thing I was ready with my easy-peasy salmon with lemon cream recipe.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Good for 2 people
For the Main Dish
- A big fillet of salmon
- A box of all-purpose cream
- 1 lime (better if you have lemons though)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cooking Oil (I used canola)
- about half a cup of stock (fish or shrimp), white wine, or water
For the Veggies
- small potatoes (about 8) (washed thoroughly)
- a bunch of asparagus (washed and the bottom 1/3 cut)
- about 1 tbsp of salted butter
- Boil the potatoes for about 10 minutes. (small pot 1)
- Cook the lemon cream sauce. Combine the cream, stock, and salt and pepper in a small pot to taste over low heat. Cover and let simmer for 8-10 minutes. Add the lemon and out the lid for the last 2 minutes for the sauce to reduce. (small pot 2)
- Pan fry the salmon. Let the pan heat up with oil for about a minute and a half. Wash the salmon and then pat dry with paper towel (ayaw mo matalamsikan!). Fry the salmon 2-3 minutes on each side, depending on the thickness.
- Heat 2 plates in the microwave for about a minute. Transfer the cooked salmon in one place. Set aside.
- Drain the oil from the pan and wipe with a paper towel (Careful, its hot!).
- Put about 2 tbsp of butter. Pan fry the asparagus until it turns bright green (about 4 minutes). Transfer the asparagus in a plate.
- Drain the potatoes and pat dry with a paper towel. Using the left over butter, fry the boiled potatoes for a minute or 2. Add some salt to taste.Put in the same plate as the asparagus
- Pour the lemon sauce over the salmon. Garnish with some asparagus on top.
- Serve and enjoy!
What is your easy-peasy salmon recipe?