Being a mother means being able to do a lot of different things in the morning:
- Upon waking up, you are the good humored alarm clock: “Wake up sunshine!” or the ever reliable “Good morning darling, time to wake up”.
- During breakfast, you are the (less slightly) good humored food enthusiast: “Sweetie can you please finish your food?” “Make it fast! we are running late.” “Let’s just finish breakfast in the car.”
- While chewing your breakfast, or stuck in traffic, you are the even (even more less slightly) good humored hair stylist: “Can you please stop moving so I can braid (or tie) your hair properly?”
- While stuck in the cold car, you are the pillow/source of warmth. “Sweetie, I need to move my arm, it’s falling asleep.”
- When your child is about to down from the car, you are now the sep-anx queen (separation anxiety for my fellow non-millenials)” *hug* *kiss* *hug* *hug* *kiss* *kiss*
How do you spend your mommy mornings?